Masthead header

Real Estate

538 Moreland Rd. Kurfiss Sotheby

Nikon D7000, Nikkor 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5, 10mm, f/16, ISO 100

Wow, has it been almost a month since I posted on my blog?  Crazy!  Just to fill you in, I’ve been busy actually making money with my photography.  This leaves me little to no time at the moment to work on personal images.  I’ve been fortunate enough to be work with an amazing agent named Eric Axelson at Kurfiss Sotheby’s Realty.  He saw my fine art work and thought it would be worth the investment to hire me for Architectural Real Estate Photography. This home is located at 538 Moreland Road Huntingdon Valley, PA.. My goal here was to render an HDR image as close to natural as possible and tone mapping in Lightroom 4.1 using the new Photomatix 32 bit Floating Point TIFF plugin helped me achieve this as a first step in the process.  I’ve recently been using the Promote Control by Promote Systems to help me better brackets these scenes for HDR.  This was a 9 exposure bracket sequence done a 1EV and the Promote Control allows me to achieve this with ease!  Especially when exposures can reach the 1 minute or longer mark!  I hope to work more with the Kurfiss Sotheby’s team and become the go to photographer for listings in their area!

Share on Facebook|Tweet this post|Google+|Pin It|Contact Me|Email this post|Link to this post
September 24, 2012 - 1:14 pm

Wayne - You nailed it. I think the greatest complement to an HDR photo is to scratch your head and ask “Is this HDR?”. Excellent tone balance.

Amazing room (a far cry from some of your other locations, eh?). That crown molding is awesome. ‘Promote Control’ sounds pretty interesting, thanks for mentioning it. My camera will do 3 exposure easily, but beyond that, I need to offset each set of 3 and I’m lazy.

September 24, 2012 - 3:40 pm

Richard Spears - Beautiful HDR. I’ve wondered if Real Estate would be a good area to look into.

September 24, 2012 - 4:07 pm

Patrick Lamb - Real nice HDR, actually lives up to the potential of the human eyes ability to focus near and far simultaneously over a wide range of light.

September 24, 2012 - 7:37 pm

Steve Sieren - Nice work Scott, I do real estate photography here in Los Angeles but I’m still able to work on my fine art at the same time. Keep the balance and charge what you’re worth!

September 25, 2012 - 1:18 pm

Scott Frederick - Wayne, this is for sure a far cry from the other locations! ;) I really do appreciate your great compliment. I don’t want anyone to assume my work was done a certain way. Let them scratch their heads. :) Thanks buddy! The promote control is really nice. I shot for 3 years without and around it but now that I have it, it rocks and allows me to whistle during brackets! ;)

September 25, 2012 - 1:21 pm

Stacy Butera - Scott… This is a beautiful photograph. Details perfectly captured. Congrats on picking up some new work, that is very exciting! Thanks for mentioning “Promote Control” Sounds like a great way to extend the HDR capabilities of any camera. I will be looking into.

September 25, 2012 - 5:14 pm

Scott Frederick - Thank you for the positive feedback and compliment Steve! I would imaging the Los Angeles market to be quite lucrative!

September 25, 2012 - 5:14 pm

Scott Frederick - I appreciate your comment Patrick, thank you very much!

September 25, 2012 - 5:15 pm

Scott Frederick - Hi Richard, thank you! I think Real Estate would be great for you to look into.

Your email is never published or shared. Required fields are marked *

U s a g e